- Your channel is as important as your message – get it right if you want to make an impact.
- Think digital by default but new technology is not always the answer.
- Don’t just send out stuff; make it your task to think about the best channel to use to communicate each message.
- Think about whether you need to use a two-way communication channel or not – an intranet story is likely to be fine for an update on some redecoration taking place in the office, whereas an office move will prompt questions!
- to give you the information you need to help you decide which channel to use when communicating with your colleagues
- to provide an overview of the types of channels available to internal communicators